Ensure Proper Ventilation
When you think of roof repairs, you probably don’t think of needing a soffit and fascia repair. If you’re a bit lost and wondering what the soffit and the fascia are, don’t worry, you are not alone. Most people don’t know what they are by these terms.
The fascia is the board that is mounted where the roof and the outer walls of your home meet. This is typically where the gutter for your home sits. The fascia’s job is to make sure that the run-off water from your roof makes it into the gutter.
The soffit is the board that supports the fascia, which you can see if you stand in front of your porch and look up. The soffit can be ventilated to help better circulate the air in your attic or in your home.
Need a quote on a soffit or fascia repair and a team that is qualified and ready to have soffit and fascia repair in Long Island and Farmingdale, NY? Call All American Home Improvement Inc at (516) 986-3979 to talk with a professional roofer today!
What Causes the Soffit And The Fascia to Weather?
As you can probably imagine, the fascia takes a lot and wear from just doing its job. It takes a beating during a storm, as it supports gallons of water and leads them into the gutter. This is helpful for preventing the runoff from simply spilling over your roof and making a waterfall for you to walk through every time you leave your house during a storm.
Broken shingles, flashing, and leaky gutters can cause the fascia to take on the water that can seep into its boards. This causes the integrity of the fascia to decrease as nature takes over and starts to decay the wood. This can cause some major problems for homeowners, such as the fascia becoming detached from the roof or even warped.
The soffit can also suffer from water damage. As ice and water moisture often build up on the underside of a roof, the soffit begins to naturally wear down. Also, the warmth and shelter from the elements that the soffit can bring is a huge attraction for insects such as bees and wasps, as well as birds looking for a place to nest.
Signs That You Need A Soffit And Fascia Repair
- Cracks: Not only does this look bad to your neighbors, but it also presents the danger of water damaging the soffit and the fascia, as well as the rest of your home.
- Evidence of Pests: Unless you are an entomologist, you may not be too happy with having little creepy crawlies living near or in your home. The soffit and fascia are designed to help keep insects, rodents, and birds out of your home. If you begin to notice these running around your home then this could be a sign of a poor soffit or fascia.
- Asbestos: Especially for older homes, if you feel that your soffit may have been built with asbestos in it then this definitely needs to be fixed. Asbestos can cause some major health concerns.
- Leaking Water: If you notice water leaking from either the soffit or the fascia then it is time to get it fixed. Water damage can cause chaos for your home and your family.
- Poor Ventilation: If suddenly the air in your attic becomes hot and humid, and it feels like the air isn’t being able to come in or escape, then there may be something blocking the ventilation in the soffit or a fascia. If there is nothing caught in the soffit or the fascia then it is time to consider a soffit and fascia repair.
If you are starting to sweat because you have noticed some of these problems with your soffit or fascia, take a deep breath. All American Home Improvement Inc can help! We specialize in all types of roofing repair, including soffit and fascia repair in Long Island and Farmingdale, NY. If you would like a free estimate or need repairs, call us at (516) 986-3979.
Soffit And Fascia Installation
Our years of experience give us the knowledge and the ability to perform soffit and fascia repair quickly. We start off by removing the decaying wood and replacing it with beautiful high-quality lumber. After the lumber has been replaced, we reseal them, eliminating the chance that water or insects can sneak through the cracks of the soffit and the fascia. Finally, we will caulk to ensure that the seals are reinforced and paint as needed, to give your home a complete and finished look.
Aluminum Soffit Repair
If you notice that you are having to get constant repairs for your soffit and fascia, or you are just looking for some added security, ask us about our aluminum soffit repair. The aluminum soffit repair will help guard the soffit by placing aluminum plates underneath the soffit, making it harder for water to seep into the fascia or the soffit. This will not only help protect your investment, but it will ensure that the soffit and the fascia lifespan will increase by a few years, saving you on more costly repairs.
If you are in a position where you do not need both fascia and soffit repair in Long Island and Farmingdale, NY, then you are in luck. We offer both just soffit repair and just fascia repair. This is a great way to making sure that you are not spending money on repairs that don’t need to happen. Why fix what isn’t broken?
Need your soffit and fascia replaced? Then don’t hesitate to dial (516) 986-3979 to speak with an amazing roofer at All American Home Improvement Inc that specializes in soffit and fascia repair in Long Island and Farmingdale, NY for your free consultation and estimate. We work hard so that you and your family can continue to focus on what matters most, each other.